Why Pulse Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF)?
Having healthy cells is not a passive process. Active, regular tuning-up of our cells is not only feasible, but also necessary to slow aging and reduce the risk of cell dysfunction. We are, after all, only as healthy as our cells. Imperceptible cell dysfunction that is not corrected early can lead to disease. Fine-tuning can be done daily in only minutes, using pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs). In addition, when there is a known imbalance (when symptoms are present) or there is a known disease or condition, low frequency PEMF treatments, used either alone or along with other therapies, helps cells rebalance from dysfunction. The pulsing electromagnetic field of the earth is as vital to our health as sunlight and water.
“Our entire biological system, the brain, and the Earth itself, work on the same frequencies”.
– Nikola Tesla (inventor of PEMF in 1898).
What are PEMFs and how do they work?
Science teaches us that everything is energy. Energy is always dynamic and therefore, has a frequency; it changes by the second or minute, at the very least. All energy is electromagnetic in nature. All atoms, chemicals and cells produce electromagnetic fields (EMFs). Every organ in the body produces it own signature bio-electromagnetic field. Science has proven that our bodies actually project their own magnetic fields and that all 70 trillion cells in the body communicate via electromagnetic frequencies. Nothing happens in the body without an electromagnetic exchange. When the electromagnetic activity of the body ceases, life ceases.
Physics, that is, electromagnetic energy, controls chemistry. This in turn controls tissue function. Disruption of electromagnetic energy in cells causes impaired cell metabolism, whatever the initial cause. This happens anywhere in the disease process.
PEMFs address impaired chemistry and thus the function of cells – which in turn, improves health. PEMFs deliver beneficial, health-enhancing EMFs and frequencies to the cells. Low frequency PEMFs of even the weakest strengths pass right through the body, penetrating every cell, tissue, organ and even bone without being absorbed or altered! As they pass through, they stimulate most of the electrical and chemical processes in the tissues. Therapeutic PEMFs are specifically designed to positively support cellular energy, resulting in better cellular health and function.
Devices that produce PEMFs vary by a number of important features: frequency, waveform, strength, and types of stimulators. Frequencies can be simple or complex; and high, medium or low. Intensity can also be high, medium or low.
No “one-size” treatment fits all situations. Most PEMF devices help to varying degrees, depending on the problem or condition, but selecting the wrong device may not produce satisfactory results. Since the body is complex, PEMFs are ideal devices to be able get good results without needing a myriad of different treatments.
History of PEMF
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) therapy is continuously expanding research in treating the degenerative effects of aging as well as a multitude of chronic conditions. Although now just becoming a popular therapy in the U.S., this technology has been used worldwide and as a standard therapy in Europe for decades.
PEMF research dates back to include the work from thought leading innovator, Nikola Tesla. NASA uses PEMF to reverse bone loss and muscle wasting experienced by astronauts. Today, in the US, the FDA has approved this powerful tool in the treatment of the following:
- 1979- FDA approved PEMF therapy for stimulating bone growth.
- 1987- FDA approved for adjunct therapy for treating post-operative edema and pain.
- 2004- PEMF is now used as an adjunct to cervical fusion surgery.
- 2008- Approved for treatment in DEPRESSION for patients unresponsive to medication.
- 2011- FDA approved PEMF Therapy for treatment of brain cancer.
As the research continues to show remarkable results regarding tissue healing and recovery, this will likely only be the beginning of FDA approved conditions. As far as the overall health benefits from this harnessed natural phenomenon, the physiology and measurable benefits to cellular health are undeniable. For more information on specific PEMF medical research, call Daniel or Meredith at (250) 448-4800.
The Wellness Doctor clinic provides PEMF therapy for a multitude of conditions. The effects on acute injuries regarding bone and ligamentous injuries has patients telling their families and friends. Chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis have shown remarkable benefits due to this therapy. And for those who have tried everything regarding chronic conditions plagued with overall poor health and a failure to thrive, this treatment is often used in conjunction with a Functional Medicine approach. This approach regarding lifestyle and dietary changes to optimize and support the body’s healing potential work hand-in-hand with PEMF therapy.
Just to let you know…. I was very impressed with your facility and service.Your facility is incredibly aesthetically pleasing and I found you both to be very friendly and kind and knowledgeable. Thank you both so much for such a wonderful and relaxing experience!
– KL, Creston
Benefits of PEMF
- Reduce pain, inflammation, the effects of stress on the body, and platelet adhesion.
- Improve energy, circulation, blood and tissue oxygenation, sleep quality, blood pressure and cholesterol levels, the uptake of nutrients, cellular detoxification and the ability to regenerate cells.
- Balance the immune system and stimulate RNA and DNA.
- Accelerate repair of bone and soft tissue.
- Relax muscles.
PEMFs have been used extensively for decades for many conditions and medical disciplines, and results can be seen in animals as well as humans. The National Institutes of Health have made PEMFs a priority for research. In fact, many PEMF devices have already been approved by the FDA, some specifically to fuse broken bones, wound healing, pain and tissue swelling, and treating depression. Most therapeutic PEMF devices are considered safe by various standards and organizations.
In Castlegar, downtown at 315-10th Avenue, we have the Omnium1 created by Swiss Bionics. It is important to note that when a person is planning to enjoy a PEMF session, they must be fully hydrated! It is imperative for the IMRS Omnium1’s success that the bodies receiving PEMF are well prepared thus increasing the effectiveness of IMRS sessions.
Anecdotes following PEMF…
- A child with autism is finally able to hug his parents.
- A woman’s debilitating autoimmune disease stops progressing and she becomes pain-free.
- A senior whose foot is black from neuropathy sees the color and feeling come back.
- A woman in her 60s is free of insomnia for the first time since childhood.
- A woman in midlife astonishes doctors with how quickly her fracture heals.
- A woman with severe adrenal fatigue gains back her energy and sees her autoimmune symptoms fade.
- A woman’s blood sugar normalizes.
- A man heals chronic and mysterious dental pain.
- A man lowers his blood pressure.
- A child’s asthma improves and she no longer has asthma attacks.